Thursday, July 26, 2012

26/07/2012: a strange day


I hate stereotypes K

Seeing as I honestly have nothing really at all to talk about, I thought I'd start the post on with a little rant here. I hate stereotypes. I hate when people look at one thing and think "That's so emo/hipster/scene/whatever." and then whenever they see or hear of someone who owns said thing, they instantly judge them. I also hate when people label themselves emo/hipster/scene/whatever when they honestly don't know the meaning of the word.

Hipster isn't about wearing fake glasses and the shortest shorts ever and wearing a top with "Nirvana" on when you've never even heard of them. The whole point of "hipster" is being different, taking interest in retro things and not following the crowd. By saying you're "hipster" you are following the crowd. It's just stupid. Real hipsters actually know what the meaning of the word is, and don't take interest in things just because they're meant to be "hipster" or whatever, and not because they actually like them.

Also, even though hipsters seem to like them, Wreck this Journal isn't "hipster". It's anything but. It's a really creative way to pass the time and it's really theraputic, or whatever you want to call it.

I'm just sick of people on the internet making assumptions and trying to be what they're not.

ANYWAY, today was actually pretty boring, apart from when some random 80-year-old or something woman stopped my nan and I, and started randomly talking to us and saying  that I was really lovely or something along those lines. We'd never seen her in our lives. It was pretty weird. She said she was going dancing in London, and something about her being on a BBC 2 documentary called "Grannies Moving In". My nan and I had a laugh about it later, but I've just been looking on the internet and she's in the early stages of Dementia. I feel so bad now. We were nice enough to her, but I still feel really sad. At least she's enjoying herself... stopping random strangers to talk to them. 

This is a kind of mixed and random post, sorry about that. :)

So yep... I don't really know what to talk about to be honest. I wanted to meet up with Emma on Sunday but she probably won't be able to, because she has to pack for Florida, etc. I don't really know what to do with myself at the moment. I'm thinking of doing some Wreck this Journal, maybe finishing decorating the cover, then playing The Sims.

Also, yesterday I changed the blog design to more warmer colours. Do you like it? Can more of you pleease post in the chat? I get pretty bored, and it's something to look at.

Bye! x x

~Sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment