Saturday, July 28, 2012

28/07/2012: drooling over the olympic opening ceremony

So I stayed up last night to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony.

I’m so tired.

But hey, the wait is finally over, the Olympics are here! *Cue cheering and clapping*. Yesterday marked the beginning of the London 2012 Olympics with an amazing opening ceremony (that went on for almost four hours…) that went out to the world. I stayed up, all on my own, until 1am watching it. Oh well.

I really, really loved it. I loved the creativity and originality of it and the fact that it represented what it means to be British so amazingly. I’ve been reading reviews from the USA, which are mostly negative. I guess I can kind of understand it, seeing as you really had to be British to understand the opening ceremony, but apparently there was a commentary on NBC that gave you more than enough information about it all.

Oh yes, NBC. That reminds me. During the opening ceremony they had an amazing tribute to the victims of the 7/7 bombings. It was just so beautiful. And do you know what the NBC, the national broadcaster for the USA, did apart from putting in endless advert breaks and making negative comments about other countries? THEY CUT OUT THE 7/7 BOMBINGS TRIBUTE.  




If the BBC cut a 9/11 tribute for an interview there would be complete outrage from the USA World War III.

Anyway, the opening ceremony really was beautiful. And the cauldron, OH THE CAULDRON, THE BEAUTIFUL CAULDRON THAT WAS FORMED FROM 204 LITTLE TUBE THINGS

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

And Mr Bean was just so funny, like omg.



THE QUEEN AND JAMES BOND

“Good evening, Mr Bond.”


:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Then… then…

PAUL MCCARTNEY SANG HEY JUDE!

IT WAS JUST SO PERFECT.

Excuse the hyperventilation. That was my evening. Today I’m so tired and I’m walking around like a zombie everywhere. I’m going to play The Sims soon and tomorrow I’m planning on doing as many pages of my Wreck this Journal that are humanly possible to complete in one day. Wish me luck. I’m also going to see if I can meet up with Eleanor (Melon Head) because Emma is too busy packing for her holiday.

Sorry for the rubbish, disjointed and hyper post. My posts will improve in time.

~Sofia

2 comments:

  1. by the way those tuby things were copper petals so it formed a flower and then turned into one united flame which was beautiful but what really sucks is that some people *cough* americans didn't like and are saying it wasn't a real cauldron but i think they are just jealous that they didn't think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S SO COOL :D Haha, that's true, most of the US reviews are negative just because they're jealous.

    ReplyDelete